Family and Child Care Connections offers regularly scheduled playgroups for children, parents and child care providers at our centre at #50 Pippy Place in St. John's. The playroom offers a variety of developmentally and age appropriate activities for children from birth to six years old. This is a friendly, supportive program where adults and children can spend time together in a low stress environment.
When you drop in for a playgroup you will find:
- a place for children and adults to play together, make new friends, learn new skills and share ideas,
- information and resources on topics like toilet learning, guiding children's behaviour, nutrition and children's early learning,
- open ended activities that enhance the children's experience,
- new ideas to help you support children's early learning, and
- qualifies early childhood educators to offer support and advice.
Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (open to all)
Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (for child care providers--both affiliated and within the community--only)
Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (open to all)
Family and Child Care Connections provides transportation to playgroups for child care providers who are agency-approved, as arranged by a home visitor.
We also have a list of other playgroups in St. John's and the surrounding area if our playgroups are inconvenient to you. For directions to the centre, click here.