Family and Child Care Connections offers regularly scheduled playgroups for children, parents and child care providers at our centre at #50 Pippy Place in St. John's. The playroom offers a variety of developmentally and age appropriate activities for children from birth to six years old. This is a friendly, supportive space where adults and children can spend time together in a low stress environment away from distractions.
When you drop in for a playgroup you will find:
- a place for children and adults to play together, make new friends, learn new skills and share ideas,
- information and resources on topics like toilet learning, guiding children's behaviour, nutrition and children's learning,
- open ended activities that enhance your child's experience,
- new ideas to help you support your child's learning, and
- expert staff to offer support and advice.
Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (open to all)
Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (for child care providers-both affiliated and within the community-only)
Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (open to all)
* Please note that our regularly scheduled playgroups will be finishing up on June 17th. Starting July 3rd, we will be offering playgroups on Wednesdays only for the duration of the summer. Out Tuesday and Thursday schedule will resume on Tuesday September the 9th 2014
Family and Child Care Connections provides transportation to playgroups for child care providers who are agency-approved, as arranged by a home visitor. For directions to the centre, click here.