What we offer
Family Child Care Agency
The Family Child Care Agency is a service of Family and Child Care Connections. The agency is for family child care providers and parents who are looking for family child care in the St. John’s and surrounding area.
Family child care providers may affiliate with the Family Child Care Agency. Affiliated providers agree to follow the Child Care Legislation for Family Child Care and benefit from the many resources offered through the agency that support quality family child care.
- Listing in the Child Care Search, the directory of FCCC approved child care providers for parents looking for child care.
- Workshops and training related to quality child care and parenting issues
- Access to the Toy, Equipment and Resource Lending Libraries
- Transportation for child care providers and children to attend playgroups
- Networking opportunities in the form of workshops, social events and special outings
- Access to Operating Grant Program (OGP) child care fee rates
Who does the agency serve?
The agency services all areas of the province where agency regulated child care is provided.
The Family Child Care Agency is governed by the Child Care Act and licensed through the Department of Education with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Parent and family support
- Child Care Search
Directory of FCCC approved child care providers for parents looking for child care.
- Drop-in playgroups
- Child care cost subsidy for CUPW members
- Special Community events
Throughout the year, Family and Child Care Connections hold special events for children, families and child care providers. Events include: National Child Day, Breakfast with Santa, Special playgroups, On site workshops.
See the Calendar for a list of upcoming events.